Detroit Sports and stuff

My ranting of sports, life, and whatever I feel like...but mostly sports. Now in the un-daily variety.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

We're all behind our baseball team...

Go get 'em, Tigers!!

The Tigers took business this afternoon, beating Chicago 2-1, increasing their lead in the central to 5 1/2 games, and winning the series. Clutch hitting, good baserunning, and some excellent pitching allowed us to improve to a Major league best 64-31 record. Which is an amazing feat, considering where Randy Smith left this team before DD came in to rectify the matter. After coming into town with no minor league system to speak of (except for the talent posing as the major league franchise), Dombrowski made some shrewd trades, signed some key free agents (none more key than Kenny Rogers, who just missed out on his 12th victory), and allowed this team to get back to where it should be - class of the league. Not only that, but he re-awakened Tigers fans across the country, and revived what essentially is a huge baseball town in Detroit. We still need to keep up the great ball we've been playing, if we want to see the first post-season ball since '87(?), but I like what I see so far...

4 Comments:

Blogger Jackie Parker said...

So as soon as I get my parents & Aunt Fran into my apartment, my dad starts asking me for updates on the Tigers and the British Open. Like I know anything about those. Even reading your posts tells me nothing. He also complained about my lack of a pepper grinder and the fact that I don't own paper plates this morning. Also, he doesn't like my frying pans. Which are lovely pans, but apparently not condusive to overeasy eggs. It's gonna be a REALLY long week. Sigh.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

you knew what you were getting into when they said they were coming...

sorry. :-(

7:55 PM  
Blogger Jackie Parker said...

Wouldn't it be lovely if my cool new blogger friend Dan came to visit? I so wouldn't have to complain about pepper, pans OR plates! ;)

2:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home