Detroit Sports and stuff

My ranting of sports, life, and whatever I feel like...but mostly sports. Now in the un-daily variety.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

The weekend in review

The Lions finally got their top two draft picks signed, and both were on the field for Sunday AM's practice. That's good to hear, as long drawn out contract negotiations are bad for all parties involved.

Tigers took 2 out of 3 from Minnesota, but probably should've swept the series. Oh, well, 2 out of 3's not bad, and our lead in the AL Central is at a comfortable (but not overwhelming) 8 1/2 games.

And finally, the Yankees (who else!) make the blockbuster trade that everyone was waiting to happen, picking up Bobby Abreu and Corey Lidle from the Phillies for 4 prospects (I didn't know the Yankees even HAD 4 prospects, as everytime they get a decent minor leaguer, they trade him away for overpriced talent). This trade will do 1 of 2 things for the remainder of the trading deadline (which is tomorrow night): It will either set off a cascade of trades, or there will be absolutely no trading. I'm curious to see which it will be. Well, I guess that's it for now. 'Til tomorrow...

2 Comments:

Blogger Jackie Parker said...

Where do the Tiger's fall in comparrison to the NL?

9:18 PM  
Blogger Jackie Parker said...

Way to ignore my question. Some friend you are. I only come here to be all supportive, and this is how you treat me? *jeeze* ;)

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home