Detroit Sports and stuff

My ranting of sports, life, and whatever I feel like...but mostly sports. Now in the un-daily variety.

Monday, July 31, 2006

Hey Pittsburgh, look over there! *YOINK*

Well, the trading deadline has come and gone, and once again Dombrowski has pulled the proverbial rabbit out of his hat, acquiring 1B Sean Casey from the Pirates in exchange from some no-name minor leaguer that I've never heard of before. Umm, OK... I wonder how long it took DD to accept that deal..."wait, you want who for Casey? Is that guy even in our system? Where do we sign?" Best...Deal...Ever...(for us, anyway). Oh, and just in case you were wondering, it was a busy day in the trading market, proving that the Yankees actually did open the trading floodgates.

In other news, the Red Wings have resigned Dominick Hasek. I actually think this is a terrible move, mainly because he's like 90, and we have some young (and unproven, I understand) goaltending that we've been developing, and I just think that we should've given one of the young guys a chance to start, maybe see if they can "sink or swim". Oh, well, Kenny Holland (Wings GM) knows what he's doing, so I guess we'll just see what happens.

And (C)Ashley Cole may be heading to Real Madrid for cash, and another player, just to spite the Chavs (Chelsea). Whatever. I just want this stupid thing to be over with.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jackie Parker said...

You'll prolly hear of no name in the future and be all, oh yeah.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Jackie Parker said...

I demand more pictures.

9:25 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

I don't do well with demands, sorry...

;-)

11:57 AM  
Blogger Jackie Parker said...

*gasp*

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home