Detroit Sports and stuff

My ranting of sports, life, and whatever I feel like...but mostly sports. Now in the un-daily variety.

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Back from the Big Apple!



Well, I just got back from a quick 5 day trip to NYC, and it was freakin' AWESOME!!! After arriving in town late saturday night, I immediately went to sleep. I was tired! Sunday morning, I went to the NY Yankees game against the Kansas City Royals. Yankee Stadium is a very cool place, and I was able to get lots of pictures of the game, and Monument park, which is a little park behind the left field wall that honors past greats that played for the Yankees. After the game, we took the subway to Central park, and proceeded to walk from there, down 5th avenue, and around Times square. On Monday, I went to the Empire State building, the NBC studios at Rockefeller Plaza (tried to sign up for a tour, but they said that the tour wouldn't be the full one, that we should come back tomorrow. More on that later), Madison Square Garden, Wall Street, and Ground Zero. And on the last day of my trip, Tuesday, I went back to NBC to their studio tour, which was great! I got to see Conan O'Brien's studio, Saturday Night Live's studio, and a replica studio of NBC news. It was all very fun. Finally, I went to the NY Mets game Tuesday night, which was fun as well, except for the two hecklers sitting behind us. One was an Atlanta Braves fan (whom the Mets were playing), and the other was a Philidelphia Phillies fan (complete with Phillies jersey). They would've been alright, except philly fan kept screaming everytime his team scored a run (watching the out-of-town scoreboard), then going on about how 'J-Roll' (phillies shortstop Jimmy Rollins) was so great... annoying. But I had a pretty good trip all in all.

Another update will be coming this week about my thoughts on the Lions first pre season game.

Cheers!


(Dan, Simpsonized)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky you - you've been able to get simpsonized. Megan can't get the thing to work - it always says the site is too busy. It IS an appropriate picture, though...like to see the real one...

9:47 PM  
Blogger Robert said...

Sounds Awesome!
Can not wait to hear more

4:05 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

How about some pics of DAN in the big apple?!

<3 Your favorite reader

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home