Detroit Sports and stuff

My ranting of sports, life, and whatever I feel like...but mostly sports. Now in the un-daily variety.

Friday, August 04, 2006

Aww, Split!

Well, the Tigers dropped a heartbreaker yesterday, 2-1 to Tampa Bay, as Nate Robertson continues to have trouble getting run support from his teammates. We gave it a good effort, but 2 runs in the 8th were enough to see the Devil Rays through, and get a split in the 4 game series.

However, the Tigers were the ones erasing a deficit this evening, as we stole one from Cleveland, 7-6. Craig Monroe hit a game winning 2 run home run in the bottom of the 8th inning, and Todd Jones (I hate to say it, but he is actually becoming consistant....scary) picked up his 30th save of the season. I've always loved my Tigers, but everything is so much more fun when we're winning... (Best in baseball, best in baseball, best in baseball...)

In other news that I care about, the Wolverines have inked their first OL for the 2007 class, David Molk from Illinois. Well, I always thought we would get about 5 OL's for each recruiting class, so 1 down, 4 to go.

The Red Wings made another signing yesterday, signing former Griffin/Ottawa prospect Josh Langfeld to a contract. Langfeld is a physical forward, and could be a good candidate for a Grind Line-type position (4th line, high energy), although from what I'm hearing, he may be back in GR when the season starts.

Well, that's all I have...
(Best in baseball, best in baseball, best in baseball...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home